You were a roller coaster of a year. And not a good roller coaster. Let's just say, if we were at Knott's Berry Farm, you would be Jaguar and not Ghostrider. There were no real big highs, you were not exciting enough to give tummy tickles, and you kind of knocked us around a little bit.
There were some cool things that happened, though.
I made a ton of writer friends. I released two short stories (one of them you're not supposed to know about yet.). I feel like I learned a lot about the craft and honed in on my goals. I got my New Adult Contemporary Romance CHASING STARS edited and out to my last round of beta readers. I grew my Facebook page to 1,200 followers, started some writer groups, started an Instagram, got back on Twitter and played some fun hashtag games, started a reader group. And best of all, I found some readers.
And, speaking of goals, here are a few of mine for 2018:
- Keep writing River and Taylor's short stories.
- Get more sleep.
- Eat more desserts while losing weight.
- Get out and do stuff with the family.
- Get my air conditioning fixed before summer.
- Set a release date for Chasing Stars (Eeeeeek!)
- Have more giveaways and more fun in my reader group.
- Cuddle more with my kids.
- Work less.
- Get my second novel edited and out to Beta readers.
- Start and finish two more novels.
Thank you guys so much for being one of the best parts of 2017! I can't wait to be in 2018 with all of you.
What are your big goals for 2018?